Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Journey Begins...

Where to start? I guess I'll just regurgitate what's been on my mind and sort it out as I go. I have been slowly packing on the pounds for the last 10 years. Happy pounds, I tell myself. Happy indeed, because I am so blessed to be travelling this road with the love of my life (albeit a rocky road at times...I think the ruts have been smoothed out!); a beautiful family that has grown by one amazing little boy; I have a job that I like to go to that allows me to bring my yapping little furbabies to work; I have a sewing/embroidery business that keeps me busier than I care to be, but my clients are always so grateful (and bring me more work Dammit!) My latest job was some alterations for a gal at work who somehow had just lost a bunch of weight...miraculously...without a lot of fan fare. When she came to pick up her clothes, I asked her what she had done and she turned me on to the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. She said it inspired her to get more healthy because she was starting to feel like she was on the edge of being too heavy, etc.  I have also experienced times of joint pain, rashes, itchy skin...odd little symptoms that the etiolgy is unclear. So I put the documentary in my NetFlix Queue and gave it a go...watching that put a little bee in my bonnet and so here we go...

I bought a juicer today. I have been a smoothie fan for some time now and many times a week a fruit smoothie is breakfast. But green smoothies...ugh...not too sure about that! Well, I made my first green smoothie today and it was delish!!! Here's my first, which with a little tweaking will probably become a favorite:
  
2 Granny Smith Apples
1 Carrot
A hopper full of spinach leaves (they were big leaves-4 or 5)
2 inch knob of Ginger root

In retrospect I think 2 inches of ginger was a little bold...I may try 1 inch next time and add another carrot. The drink had a lot of zippity do dah and I was surprised how filling it was. I took the pulp out to Millie goat and wished I had brought my camera. She liked the offering but wrinkled her nose up a bit (Millie concurs...too much ginger). She ate it all and would have ate the plastic bag had I let her!

Anyway, here's where the rubber meets the road...goal time...

I would realistically like to lose 10 pounds by the end of summer (20 pounds would be awesome, but lets live in the real world, not fantasy land)

I would like to be more active, have more energy and not hurt!

The stats:
Current weight: 161 pounds
Chest 37.5"
Waist 33"
Hips   42"
Thigh  25"

Weigh in Wednesday...I think once a week weigh ins are a great idea and since I am starting on a Wednesday (and it makes a cute title), Wednesdays it is!!!

That's the (or less) part.  The something more is about honoring myself and my dreams. Recently it hit me that my days are numbered. No, I'm not sick or anything. I think if you are lucky enough to live long enough, you realize that "Crap, I better start prioritizing because I have a bucket list a mile long!" And let's face it...it ain't all gonna get done! So time to pick the important things on the ol' list and let somethings go...
Things I want to do:
Read more...I loved reading as a child and while I do read, it's not a priority.
     Goal: Read a minimum of 1 Book a month (done for May...yes 50 Shades counts!!!)
Sew more...
     Goal: Complete a minimum of 1 garment for myself a month

Okay, I'm going to stop here...for now. I have a few more goals in the works and I will expound on them later...right now I think that's plenty to chew on. Let it begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment